Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Rapture

At our church on Sunday nights, we are doing a Bible study entitled: What in the World is Going on? by Dr. David Jeremiah. What a fantastic study! All Christians should be aware of how current events are completely in line with scripture prophecy.

This week's study was on the Rapture...something we Christians hope will happen prior to the tribulation. Something that always puzzled me was cleared up during this session. The Rapture is NOT the second coming of Christ. It is its own event, that will happen sometime prior to the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 4:13 - 17).

Today when I was driving home from work I was truly thinking about what it is going to be like when Jesus comes to take us home with him. Non-believers won't see Him...and they won't see us ascending with Him. But we will see each other. How unbelievable that's going to be. I imagined hearing the trumpet, and the sound of the angels, and seeing His glory....I absolutely can't wait.

God doesn't want us to be caught unaware....please study His word...

No comments: